Sunday 5 April 2009

DeffCup: Rules and Army List (and comments!)

Hey all!

Da DeffCup is approaching, and I thought I'd post an update.

Equinox said:

>>> What are you planning to bring for it?

Hi Equinox! Thanks for leaving a comment! I'm bringing a small mechanized force of 26 infantry models plus 4 tanks. You can see a full army list below.

Any information on the Deffcup? I am curious to read the rules surrounding it.

It's a small tournament for a maximum of 12 participants. There are some special rules and restrictions:

  • Armies are a maximum of 1000 points.

  • Models must be painted to a minimum standard (3 colours + bases).

  • Most armies are allowed, incl. Lost and the Damned (with some changes), Kroot Mercenaries, Feral Orks and 13th Company.

  • Some units from the Imperial Armour books are allowed, but will be reviewed and apporoved on a case to case basis.

  • Named Characters are only allowed if you're playing a special list that requires them, for instance Dark Angels Deathwing or Ravenwing.

  • Lash of Submission is limited to 0-1 / army.

  • All wargear must be WYSIWYG, What You See is What You Get, apart from the normal exceptions, i.e. some knives, grenades, etc.

  • Prizes will be awarded for best sportsmanship and best painted army, voted on by the players.


My army list

Since I haven't got much time, I've decided to take the easy way out and go for a small, expensive force. I thought about including a Dreadnought (possibly a Mortis), and/or a Vindicator, and a bunch of scouts (because they're cool), but in the end I decided against them all. My overall goal is to paint a complete battle company, and painting the force listed below will bring me a lot closer to that goal. Plus, I already have all four tanks assembled, just waiting to be painted (or repainted), so it makes sense to use them. I'm also going for cool rather than effective, and in my mind there are few things cooler on the tabletop than a fully mechanized space marine force. :)

So, here's what I'm bringing to Da DeffCup:

  • HQ: Company Master and Command Squad (5) in a Razorback, 370pts
    Company Master: power weapon, combi-plasma
    Command Squad: 1 power fist, 1 flamer, 1 plasma gun
    Razorback: Twin-linked lascannon, hunter-killer missile

  • Troops: Tactical Squad (10) in a Rhino, 260pts
    Tactical Squad: 1 plasma pistol, 1 plasma gun, 1 plasma cannon
    Rhino: Hunter-killer missile

  • Troops: Tactical Squad (10) in a Rhino, 260pts
    Tactical Squad: 1 power weapon, 1 meltagun, 1 lascannon
    Rhino: Hunter-killer missile

  • Heavy Support: Predator, 110pts
    Heavy bolter sponsons, hunter-killer missile


I'll be outnumbered by pretty much everyone, but my army will look cool and fluffy. :)


Boondale said:

>>> I came across your blog/painting guide in a search on how to paint Space Marines. Im basing my army off the Space Wolves, but decided to use dark angel green as my base with shining gold marking like the Ultramarines.

Hi and welcome! And thanks for leaving a comment! Sounds interesting, the green and gold should look good together. Looking forwards to seeing the result!

Your guide is working out for me prity well so far, only problem I have is all my minis are together already so I have had to improvise on the eagels. I cant seem to get to the wings under the arms/weapons, but otherwise its looking good.

When I paint models like that, I just paint whatever sticks up over the bolter. There's no need for you to fret about parts of the model that you can't even see without picking it up and really studying it. My advise is just to poke a big brush full of black paint behind the bolter before you start painting. Then you just paint the bits of the chest eagle you can actually see.

I plan to post a few pics when im able to.

Like I said above, I'm looking forwards to it!

If you would like more info what im doing to my SM army please ask.

Consider yourself asked! :) I'm always interested in stuff like this.


I will post part 2 of the magnetic terminator tutorial later today, so stay tuned! :)

As always, thanks for reading.

Best regards,

Stitch

No comments: